Saturday, June 16, 2012

Why I need to celebrate Father's Day

Many people argue that specific days as a "Fathers Day","Mothers Day"  or "Valentines Day" needn't be celebrated in India. Its a culture of the west so why should we as Indians ape it? As Indians we share deep connect and bonds with our family so the question is does such celebrations make sense for us? On similar analogy we as Indians are extremely religious and spiritual too, so in that case why do we celebrate specific days as festivals?

Well my love, honour, respect for relationships surely persistently lingers in my heart and will always remain within. But sometimes due to various circumstances like the day to day mad rush or distance even if I wish to I cannot express feelings expicilty to ones I love. Celebrating relationships on  a special day for me is cherishing a day to make the person I love feel special and say things I always want to tell or do things that I always wish to do.

Tomorrow is Father's Day (the 3rd Sunday of June) so I will go ahead and revere my relationship and express my love to my Father. My Baba (father) has played a pivotal role to make me what I am today. He showered me with his unconditional love, supported me , guided and disciplined me, protected me and still does so  much that I have no words to express. I can only deeply love him and respect him more and more for all my life. I have written a special wish for my Father:

You cradled me in your arms while I cried when I was baby,
Tolerated all my tantrums although they drove you crazy!
Held my hand and helped me to take my first steps,
Guided me through out when ever I needed your help.
From you I learnt most important in life is to love from within,
You made us believe that truth is the only way you can win.
You ingrained values in me when my mind was malleable,
You do so many things for me till now which are invaluable.
I consider my Baba as one of my most important treasures,
My love for him I can never ever measure!
Happy Father’s Day! Loads and loads of love and respect :)

2 comments:

  1. Please send me your email address at loveengill@gmail.com, I'd like to communicate with you regarding your blog.

    Thank you,
    Regards,
    Loveen

    ReplyDelete